Boiler Installations in Bexhill
Thursday 21st of December 2017
Want to know all there is to know about the process of installing a new boiler and how much it will cost? Welcome to Southern Energy Solutions' guide on Boiler Installations in Bexhill and surrounding areas!
How do I know if I need a new boiler?
You may need a new boiler if:
- Your house is not being heated properly - old boilers have a lower efficiency rating of 50-70%!
- You can hear knocking, hissing or popping from your boiler.
- The boiler is older than 15 years old - this is generally the amount of time a boiler will work for.
- You notice changes in the water temperature across your house - or the hot water only works when the heating is on.
- Your boiler is leaking - leaks can escalate into more serious problems like a carbon monoxide leak!
Which boiler should I buy?
There are many different types of boilers on the market, and they can be suited to different buildings and households individually.
For example, there are combi, heat-only, system boilers. if you're not connected to the UK's gas network, you will need an oil or LPG boiler as an alternative.
What is a condensing boiler?
a condensing boiler uses the heat from the flue to make the boiler more efficient. This means a condensing boiler is typically 25% more efficient than a non-condensing model.
What is a combi boiler?
A combi boiler is better suited to a small home where hot water is only needed for one task at a time - but on the plus side you can get hot water on demand.
What is a heat-only boiler?
A heat-only boiler (or conventional boiler) has external components and can heat and store water for when you need it, but won't supply hot water instantly and are therefore better suited for bigger homes with more than one bathroom.
What is an oil boiler?
Oil boilers work in a similar way to gas-powered equivalents by using oil to heat water and then circulating it. However, you will need to have oil delivered and stored in a tank as it doesn't come from a mains supply.
What is an LPG boiler?
LPG boilers work exactly the same as gas boilers other than they run off bottled gas (the main brand being CALOR). These are suitable for houses which are off the grid and are used in all caravans to provide heating, hot water and also cooking facilities.
So, how much to replace a boiler?
If you are looking to replace your old boiler - you can expect different costs depending on the type of boiler you had before and the type of boiler you want installing.
Obviously, if you are replacing an entire system with a new type of boiler the job will require more parts and labour, while if you are just doing a "straight-swap" of boilers, the job will require less resources. Roughly for a straight swap gas combi boiler you could pay between £1500-£2000.
For more information about how much work may cost you around the Bexhill area - visit our price list page.
Who should I choose to replace my boiler?
Southern Energy Solutions, of course! We can cover Bexhill and all surrounding areas, we will travel up to an hour and a half for boiler installations so anywhere around Brighton would also be fine.
Our team of engineers are all Gas Safe Registered, ensuring a safe and professional job.
You will receive a 12-month guarantee for works completed and any warranties or certifications will be registered for you.
We will offer friendly, expert advice and provide a detailed quote within 48 hours of conducting an assessment.
What to expect when you use Southern Energy Solutions for your boiler installation
- You will be greeted on the phone by one of our friendly advisors who will find you an appointment that suits you (if it is an emergency install as you have not heating or hot water, we can normally fit this in on the same day!)
- You will recieve an email confirmation of your appointment. We do not give rough appointment times so you will not have to waste time sitting around waiting for someone to turn up.
- You will recieve a text message when your engineer is on his way to quote for your new boiler with an exact arrival time.
- Your appointed engineer will discuss your needs and what you would like from the new boiler, they will then take as much information as needed so we can give you a detailed quote with a breakdown of what is and isn't included. The quote will take a maximum of 30 minutes so you can get back to your day. The engineer will then email your quote within the next 24 hours so we can make your decision ASAP.
- Once agreed we will ask for a deposit to confirm your job. This is where you can decide if you'd like to take finance out on the boiler installation or pay for it outright.
- We will find a date which suits you and book our fully qualified engineer in to complete the installation.
- On the day of the installation you will again recieve a confirmation email of your appointment and then a text message once the engineer starts driving to your property, with an exact arrival time. (Can you see the theme here? We want you to feel in control and in the know about your boiler install!).
- The engineer will then lay dustsheets to protect the work area, keep you updated throughout the day on progress of the installation and leave your house clean and tidy once complete.
- The office will complete all of your warranty documents, register the boiler with Gas Safe (the legal bit) and hand deliver this back to you in one of our customer care packages.
- It is at this point we would then offer you our servicing plans which reduce the cost of your annual boiler service and validate the warranty on your brand new boiler. This is a way for us ensuring we build on the relationship we hope we have already built with you.
If you would like us to come round and assess your heating system and give you a free no obligation quote, please don't hesitate to visit our contact page or call 01424 200005 and one of our friendly, local engineers will be with you ASAP!