Gas Safety Check certificate

Every rental property requires a Gas Safety Certificate. This must be renewed every year and has to be issued by a qualified Gas Safe Engineer.

Why is this needed?

Well, the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe. This simply means that if you are a landlord renting out a property you must get these appliances checked every year by a Gas Safe Engineer.

Once the appliances are checked you need to keep a copy of the certificate we provide you with for 2 years and issue a copy to your tenants within 28 days.

Gas Safe register
Southern Energy Solutions logo

What happens when Southern Energy Solutions carry out a Domestic Gas Safety Check?

  • We will check that all of your gas appliances are operating correctly
  • Ventilation will be assessed to check that it is working with no obstructions
  • Any dangerous gases that we find at your property are removed safely
  • We will check that all gas safety mechanisms at your property are operating correctly

Your Gas Safe certificate will contain the following:

  • The landlord’s name and address, together with the address of the property inspected
  • Description of every appliance and flue that has been inspected
  • A list of any defects that have been identified and necessary actions
  • The name, signature and registration number of the engineer who has inspected the property

Why not give us a call for a quotation – you’ll be glad you did.

Need a Gas Safe Engineer?
Battle Customer review on Checkatrade